Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Josh Jensen

Denver60 Guest

Default Josh Jensen

I am needing some support from anyone who has been in this situation and I am wondering if anyone else has met this man and interacted with him.
    I met Josh in February of 2016. I have been single, by choice for 15 years. In retrospect I was the ideal target - lonely, vulnerable and out of touch. I actually had never heard of romance scams before. I must have been hiding under a rock.....
    Josh said he was a construction engineer with dual citizenship in Germany and the US but he mainly grew up in England.....his father was in the cocoa business. He said his mom and dad died, within a few months of each other, a few years ago. He said he had a 12 year old son, Joe, who he had some custody of. He divorced his wife a few years ago because she cheated on him.
    Initially, I thought Josh was a little odd. His English was stilted and the grammar was not great. However a friend told me that he was just trying to be nice and to give him a chance. And I did. I rationalised his English because he was European. And he grew on me. He would close every conversation by saying "may you sleep with the angels and may they guide your dreams". I found this to be charming and lovely. I quickly started falling for this man.
    One month after meeting him - I thought he was renovating an apartment complex in Dallas. He said he was based out of Washington DC and took contracts all over the world. Anyway, he called me distraught because he needed $2500.00 for a UNISCO certificate so that he could get his paycheck. He said he needed to get this from The Ministry of Works. Now I found this whole request to be quite odd. But I had never heard of dating scams to I tried to make some sense of this. I asked him for the phone and address for the Ministry of Works. This sounded more like an office that one might find in England. I had never heard of this in the states. He made vague excuses for not giving me the address. He did give me the "secretary's" phone number and the "Minister's" phone number. When I called the numbers he provided I was sent straight to voice mail. Anyway, to make a long story short he convinced me that he and his son were at risk and he really needed my help. So I sent him $1000 via Western Union. The next day when I tried to send him the additional $1500 Western Union refused to send it and gave me my money back. They told me there was suspicious activity at the other end. I was Se ding the money to "the secretary" in Texas.
    There is much more to this story.......has anyone encountered this man? How have other people resolved these problems? I had deep feelings for this man.....and my illusion of our life together. I still talk to him. He does not ask me for money much any more. He is in Nigeria I found out. The first time I talked to him I got off of the phone thinking that I had been talking to an African man. We have a lot of African immigrants here in Colorado. And at that time I had no idea that he was in Nigeria. I was expecting a traditional English accent. He told me that he had a "thick" accent and that he was really, really sensitive about it. Most recently I have put all of his "love" letters through Google and every single one of them was a duplicate of multiple scammers both male and female. I was stunned. When I confronted him about it he said that he had simply googled love letters because he was not a good writer. I told him that when I googled this not one scammers letters came up. What came up was known writers and poets writings.
    How do you get out of these relationships. I have tried over and over and I find myself missing the gentle man who keeps me company at night - even though he took a great deal of money from me. I do not have trouble getting attention from men. I could date many men. I need advice. Has anyone else had this problem. Has anyone else met this man?
    Informing scammers that they are listed on the forum attracts a BAN from the website!!!

2. # ADS
    Ads Circuit advertisement

Denver60 Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	235Click image for larger version. 

Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	236Click image for larger version. 

Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	237Click image for larger version. 

Views:	0 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	238Click image for larger version. 

Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	239Click image for larger version. 

Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	240
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver60 View Post
    I am needing some support from anyone who has been in this situation and I am wondering if anyone else has met this man and interacted with him.
    I met Josh in February of 2016. I have been single, by choice for 15 years. In retrospect I was the ideal target - lonely, vulnerable and out of touch. I actually had never heard of romance scams before. I must have been hiding under a rock.....
    Josh said he was a construction engineer with dual citizenship in Germany and the US but he mainly grew up in England.....his father was in the cocoa business. He said his mom and dad died, within a few months of each other, a few years ago. He said he had a 12 year old son, Joe, who he had some custody of. He divorced his wife a few years ago because she cheated on him.
    Initially, I thought Josh was a little odd. His English was stilted and the grammar was not great. However a friend told me that he was just trying to be nice and to give him a chance. And I did. I rationalised his English because he was European. And he grew on me. He would close every conversation by saying "may you sleep with the angels and may they guide your dreams". I found this to be charming and lovely. I quickly started falling for this man.
    One month after meeting him - I thought he was renovating an apartment complex in Dallas. He said he was based out of Washington DC and took contracts all over the world. Anyway, he called me distraught because he needed $2500.00 for a UNISCO certificate so that he could get his paycheck. He said he needed to get this from The Ministry of Works. Now I found this whole request to be quite odd. But I had never heard of dating scams to I tried to make some sense of this. I asked him for the phone and address for the Ministry of Works. This sounded more like an office that one might find in England. I had never heard of this in the states. He made vague excuses for not giving me the address. He did give me the "secretary's" phone number and the "Minister's" phone number. When I called the numbers he provided I was sent straight to voice mail. Anyway, to make a long story short he convinced me that he and his son were at risk and he really needed my help. So I sent him $1000 via Western Union. The next day when I tried to send him the additional $1500 Western Union refused to send it and gave me my money back. They told me there was suspicious activity at the other end. I was Se ding the money to "the secretary" in Texas.
    There is much more to this story.......has anyone encountered this man? How have other people resolved these problems? I had deep feelings for this man.....and my illusion of our life together. I still talk to him. He does not ask me for money much any more. He is in Nigeria I found out. The first time I talked to him I got off of the phone thinking that I had been talking to an African man. We have a lot of African immigrants here in Colorado. And at that time I had no idea that he was in Nigeria. I was expecting a traditional English accent. He told me that he had a "thick" accent and that he was really, really sensitive about it. Most recently I have put all of his "love" letters through Google and every single one of them was a duplicate of multiple scammers both male and female. I was stunned. When I confronted him about it he said that he had simply googled love letters because he was not a good writer. I told him that when I googled this not one scammers letters came up. What came up was known writers and poets writings.
    How do you get out of these relationships. I have tried over and over and I find myself missing the gentle man who keeps me company at night - even though he took a great deal of money from me. I do not have trouble getting attention from men. I could date many men. I need advice. Has anyone else had this problem. Has anyone else met this man?
    Here are some more photos. His Facebook accounts, at least two of them, are using these photos.
    Informing scammers that they are listed on the forum attracts a BAN from the website!!!