Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Default Some things that he said sounded fishy

Classic scanario

One of our visitors wrote:

"Hello. I met a man thru Christian Lifestyle. His name is Robert Miller. He said that he is from Daytona Beach,Florida and that he is an engineer (also contractor) working in London, England for 6 weeks on a project. I talked with him for almost 1 week on Ymail and also the phone. Monday he said that he got a contract to maintain pipelines and that it was worth a lot of money. He had some really handsome pictures. Tuesday he said that he hired 20 engineers to help him. Wednesday he said that he was working on a deal to send oil to Malaysia. Thursday he said that he put a down payment of 100,000 on his own credit card for the deal to go thru. He said that he needed an additional 50,000 from his company in the US- Shell Oil. Friday he was getting really worried about getting the money. He said that he needed it by tomorrow Tuesday. This guy said all kinds of things to me. He fell in love with me within 3 days and was talking about marriage,etc. He said that we should go on a long vacation after his project and that he would pay the way. He was talking about us going to Dubai. He said that he would come here to Toronto after his project is finished. This guy was full of a lot of sweet talk and claimed to be a Christian. I talked to 2 friends of mine about him and one friend was getting suspicious. She said that he shouldn't have put the 100,000 down on his credit card. She said that he should be working under a business name. I let her listen to his voice on my answering machine. She said that his voice sounds African. He said that he grew up in Germany. Some of the other things that he said sounded fishy to my friend. She looked up a lot of material on the internet about scammers. There was too much evidence - engineer, contractor, UK, Malaysia, Shell, speaking in broken English, etc. I am really thankful for my friend and also God. I think that God protected me. I broke it off with that guy. He sent me 2 emails and a phone call since then. We didn't talk very much on the phone.I don't want to talk to him anymore. I will leave this in your hands. Thank-you."

liposk Guest

Default very much the same

I meet this guy on older dating site .His name is derrik meade.He was going to live in Australia where he was born and then his parents died when he was 3 years and his aunt and unkle raised him in the states.when contacted he just was going to leave Australia for 6 weeks to finish his contract in Dubai.He was going to the airport where he was detainde because his business partner did take a loan out and his partner left already the country so he had to go to court and was made to pay the money back before he can leave.by then I was already talking to him for more then 2 mon.By then I have fallen for him so much I was not thinking straight,he really was grooming me for all this he was sending text music all county songs love songs and that how he was feeling about me phone calls every day on yahoo every day I had the time of my life.I did pay very dearly for it lost all my life savings .a lot lot money.He made me lose total control he is very good in what he does.during his stay in Dubai his ex did take some money from his account in the states so he went four a short trip there he even phoned from there,all the time zone did match, to close his accounts and he send me a draft which I should keep and get a safety box at the bank till he comes back to Australia to live,and he was going to buy a house on return.Then he was on the way to the airport and had a car crash and got taken to hospital even I doctor Abdul rang me.And then he was asking for more money.But by then I had no more money to give him and did a check on male scammer.com and sure there he was.I did tell him he is on that site and he said that is not him and he will get that of and he did,how I don,t know.He has a very deep voice properly African American .so please girl's don,t send money no matter what.

Tonella23 Guest

Default Very much the same continued - CNS

Thanks for the post girls! We need to band together...

I am just coming out of a similar scenario. I meet a man that goes by Collins Nuno Sanchez, very handsome pictures, knows how to romance you and then some is very good, I fell for it all. 49 yrs old shows birthdate of April 14,1964. Very Christian met him on BBW Cupid....claims to be looking for "the" love as he is ready to be settling down..is into country music, sends you links to listen to...engineer from UK living in USA but had to travel to Malaysia to collect his money from a previous job...gets held back there because he needs to now pay $10,000 instead of $8k asks me for $2k...we were supposed to spend Christmas together ...I knew all along something was not right... He was so openly giving addresses, flight itineraries, addresses...etc.etc. I am not sure how much is true vs. made up.....even sent me his work contract that looked very fake but I just went along with it....but deep down I knew. I never sent the money and accused him of being a scammer which obviously made him very angry. Girls be very aware apart from his romancing and knows the right things to say...we also talked about everyday simple things. I realized that I stopped online dating over 6 years ago ..this event reminded me why I stopped....you never really know who is on the other side...either you jump on the webcam right away or cut the off! oh and his webcam of course does not work!! Lol! Many thanks for letting me share !

liposk Guest

Hi there. Good to see different scenarios posted.We all can learn alot out off them .It is very good to see and very proud of everybody when I can read no money has been send.We are in a age of internet dating and it will be the future but scammers have no future that is if we all band together,what i like to do .I'm trying to establish a support group,I have support people in the US and Australia also German speaking supporters.We try to compare documents and everything we have to pass on to the Police.Anybody interested in joining please contact me on this site under privet message. Our group is also a emotional help group which have gone through the scammer scenarios and had no one to talk to and we found great support amongst girls.

Tanya1966 Guest

hi there,

I met the same guy just several days ago - Collins Nuno Sanchez !!! He is now telling that he lives in Manchester, he sent me photos of his house - very nice looking house, of his son with his girlfriend. Talks very romantically and promises life full of love and happiness. No money requests yet. Please advise me what to do - is he really a scammer? How can I understand this now? Because he likes to speak long time in skype with me, and I don't want to spend my time for a scammer.

TaylorAnn Guest

This is a great post. This is a great way to spot out the fake people who are trying to scam you. Today it can be very hard to spot them out because these people really know what they are doing. This is great.