I consider myself usually quite savvy but i have just been scammed. I should have gone with my gut instinct and suggest you do the same if you are have any doubts.

If they make heaps of grammatical errors and use odd words chances are their first language is not English and they not the educated college degree person they say they are.

Don't be fooled by the compliments or the photos that they have stolen more than likely from some poor guys Facebook page. If you think it is quite amazing that their wife and ex girlfriend were addicted to drugs, their Mother died in a car crash and their Father had a short illness and died in Malaysia chances are its all not true.My scammer tripped himself up when he had forgotten that he had told me his Father had a short illness and then changed it to heart attack and his Father being an alcoholic.

If they have a dodgy Internet connection when they say they work in computers you have got to wonder and are available 24 -7 it's probably because their is a team of them.Best of all the company that they say they own doesn't exist and their IP address says they are in Malaysia and not in the US along with the email address you can't track to anyone hmmm...If they won't verify their account or send a photo holding a piece of paper with your name on saying hello (after they have told you how infatuated they are with you) on it chances are the photos you are looking at on their profile are not the same person and you are being scammed. A total violation to you and the poor persons idenity they have stolen and very confusing trying to process just what's happene.