What to do if you have been scammed

Arrest scammersThere are still several dishonest men out there who prey on vulnerable women who are just looking for love. If you become an unfortunate victim to one of these deceitful criminals, then please follow the instructions below in order to seek help and help others who may become future victims of their crimes.

Place Report

Please fill in as many details as possible into the report: the name he used, any pictures or letters he sent to you and anything else that you think could be relevant to us finding whom the real culprit is. Any details may be significant, as even though you do now know if anything he said was truthful, the lies may still give us clues to his real identity. Submit this report into Male-Scammers.com so we can input it into our database.

Contact Authorities

You have every right to contact the authorities in these circumstances and you should do so especially if you have lost money to the scam. The police have a lot of experience in these matters and will often advise you further on how to deal with your particular case. Please contact your local police station and the police station, which is local to where he is based.

Western Union/MoneyGram and Bank Transfers

If you sent any money via Western Union or MoneyGram, then you need to contact them with the details. Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that you will get your money back, but you will be greatly helping out future victims if you give the perpetrator’s details. If you transferred money directly through your bank account, then you need to contact your bank directly and also the bank where the perpetrator holds his account. The scammer would have had to use his real name to open up the account, so the bank can also report the fraud to the police on your behalf.


The FBI has a fraud division that is dedicated to matters like these and they will be able to deal with your case more efficiently. However, they have limited powers when it comes to international cases, but they have connections with other agencies and can put you in touch with them. You can register the fraud with the FBI online at http://www.fbi.gov and http://www.ic3.gov

FTC (International Internet Fraud)

This site was formed as a place where internet users could go to report information about internet scams. It will receive complaints concerning any criminal activity on the web and is available in English, German, Spanish and French. The FTC International Internet Fraud Official website is: http://www.econsumer.gov


There are two sets of embassies you should contact: the embassy of the country of the scammer that resides in your country and your country’s embassy that resides in the scammer’s country.
If you send a letter with as much detailed information as you possibly can, then you may be able to help them find his real identity and prevent him from ever entering your country again.
For a list of embassies, please visit http://embassy.goabroad.com